Product developer - Luggage, bags and accessories
RemoteUnited Kingdom, England, LondonProduct
Carl Friedrik is a product design company challenging traditional luxury. We design and sell premium accessories and travel goods.
We're looking for a product developer to build on Carl Friedrik's travel product category.
About the role
The product developer for luggage will be responsible for developing existing and new travel-related products with a focus on luggage and associated products. The role requires a deep understanding of product design, manufacturing and materials. The role will work closely with the production and design team.
Propose new concepts, ideas and directions.
Propose and discuss new ideas and solutions through sketching, pattern and 3D CAD modelling.
Identify and suggest improvements to the current products.
Improve the ergonomics and useability of the product.
Develop products and collections aligned with the broader brand and product vision.
Work with testing partners to rigorously test products and features.
- Relevant degree-level or equivalent qualifications in industrial design or engineering.
- 5+ years of industry experience in bags and luggage design.
- Enthusiastic about the creation of new products.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong technical understanding of materials and fabrication techniques used within consumer and industrial product manufacturing
- Commercially aware of brands in the sector.
- Detail and results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software: solid proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fusion 360/Solidworks, Keyshot
More about Carl Friedrik
We are challenging the outdated practices that characterise the luxury industry. By selling direct-to-consumer, embracing sustainable materials and rejecting seasonal fashion, we are better positioned to serve our customer: the modern professional.
Intelligent design is a crucial part of our ethos. Everyday accessories should be functional and a joy to use — so form always follows function in our creative process.
Accessories must also meet the demands of modern living. So we only collaborate with the finest materials and craftsmen. The result: products that last a lifetime.
Carl Friedrik in the media
New York Times: “Best refined briefcase for daily use: Carl Friedrik”.
Forbes: “The new king in the leather goods space”.
Featured in HBO’s Emmy award-winning drama, Succession.
Competitive salary, equity package and contributory pension scheme.
Annual company trip + frequent team social events.
Flexible location — London, Barcelona or even remote.
Premium co-working space in Central London with gym and restaurant.
Funding for learning and professional development.
Join a fast-growing, agile and international team, passionate about innovation and making a difference.