Art Director - Luxury Travel Goods Brand
RemoteLondon, United KingdomMarketing
Carl Friedrik is a travel and leather goods brand challenging traditional luxury.
We empower modern professionals in their day-to-day lives with our unique blend of timeless design, understated confidence and pursuit of quality.
We are currently looking for an Art Director/Graphic Design Manager to join our team. In this role, you will create best-in-class designs from concept to production ensuring consistency across the board. You will help take our campaign creative and artwork to the next level by elevating the brand's approach to graphic design and ensuring it resonates with our audience. You will oversee all campaign deliverables, ensuring deadlines are met and artwork is delivered to the highest quality.
Who you are
You are a passionate and highly motivated individual looking to work in a fast paced and creative environment where your talent can thrive. You will embrace the opportunity to work with a team committed to consistently delivering excellence whilst continuing to innovate and grow. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in an environment that gives you scope for professional and personal development, please read on.
- Create impactful content that elevates brand storytelling across photo, video and graphic design;
- Partner with the Marketing team to build all digital creative assets (static, video) for a range of platforms (social, display advertising, websites, mobile apps, etc.);
- Oversee and manage all deliverables, from larger campaign assets to smaller ad-hoc briefs (from the website to our core email products) and prioritise workload in order to meet all deadlines;
- Manage photography and film shoots from concept to production and final delivery.
- Work with external partners, ensuring all assets are delivered to brief, on time and on budget;
- Develop and maintain relationships with agencies, photographers, film makers and designers to continually build our creative network;
- Keep up-to-date with industry, design and multimedia trends and be able to translate into new ideas and concepts which drive relevancy in the market.
- 4+ years experience as an Art Director/Graphic Design Manager;
- An outstanding design portfolio demonstrating all types of graphic design (campaign creative, print, digital design, etc.) ideally within fashion/lifestyle industries;
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite;
- A high level of retouching skills and image manipulation and knowledge of relevant graphic and print processes;
- Video editing experience, working knowledge of AfterEffects is a plus but not essential;
- An extremely organised multi-tasker that can respond to changes quickly with an ability to work under tight timelines;
- Strong project management and great problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise your own workload effectively to ensure all deadlines are met;
- An outstanding sense of design with a strong eye for layout, an appreciation of brand guidelines and a high attention to detail;
- Ability to work well on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
More about Carl Friedrik
We are challenging the outdated practices that characterise the luxury industry. By selling direct-to-consumer, embracing sustainable materials and rejecting seasonal fashion, we are better positioned to serve our customer: the modern professional.
Intelligent design is a crucial part of our ethos. Everyday accessories should be functional and a joy to use — form always follows function in our creative process.
Accessories must also meet the demands of modern living. So we only collaborate with the finest materials and craftsmen. The result: products that last a lifetime.
Carl Friedrik in the media
New York Times: “Best refined briefcase for daily use: Carl Friedrik”
Forbes: “The new king in the leather goods space”
Featured in HBO’s Emmy award-winning drama, Succession.
Offices in premium co-working spaces in London and Barcelona;
Flexible location, even remote;
Annual company trip + frequent team social events;
Join a fast-growing, agile and international team, passionate about innovation and making a difference.
Start date: As soon as possible.